Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Miles Thomas

Our baby boy is here! I am thrilled.  Weston came two weeks before his due date so I kind of had that in my mind with Miles.  Well he didn't come two weeks early and then he didn't come one week early.  I was getting a little discouraged and crazy emotional.  The night before he came (6 days before my due date) I cried for a few hours.  I felt like a wreck.  I started having more painful contractions that were about 10 minutes apart.  I thought he might come that night but I was trying not to get too hopeful.  Dane went to bed so he could get some sleep in case this was the night.  The contractions were still happening but I felt like they were slowly progressing.  I couldn't sleep so I sat around and watched Parenthood on Netflix and crocheted.  I started to get nervous about what we would do with Zoey and Weston in case we had to go to the hospital.  My friend Lindi was planning to take them but her husband had to work that night and I didn't want her to have to wake up her daughter and bring her over and I didn't want to wake Zoey and Weston.  I finally called one of my neighbor friends and asked if she could come over in the middle of the night if we went to the hospital.  She said she would leave her phone on and be ready.  My contractions started getting closer together but they still seemed a little random.  I finished packing the hospital bag and got things together for the kids in the morning.  I finally called the midwives around 3am and she said to come in.  I got dressed, woke up Dane, and called my friend.  We left for the hospital around 3:45 and got set up in a room around 4:15am.  I was nervous that we left for the hospital too early because I didn't feel like I was in a ton of pain.  I was reassured when they checked me and I was dilated to a 6. They asked if I wanted an IV or epidural.  I said no. I was doing fine and was really hoping he would come fast so I wouldn't need it.  They broke my water. The next 2 hours were pretty relaxed.  I was getting a nice little break between contractions. They checked me again and I was only at a 7.  I felt a little discouraged and wondered if I should get something for pain if this was going to take a while.  (Weston came in 45 minutes after we got to the hospital) The next 30 minutes were a nightmare.  The contractions were very close and very painful.  I tried to keep breathing but the pain was all consuming.  They checked me again and said I was 9 1/2 and it was about time to push.  I didn't think I had it in me to do it.  By this point I am screaming and crying.  I gave it my all and pushed and he didn't come, I pushed a few more times and he still wasn't out.  I didn't feel like I had anything left.  I told them to just cut me or do something- I had nothing left.  I heard the nurses ask if Dane was ok at some point and he said he needed to sit down he felt like he might pass out.  I was thinking, "oh noo! Not now!" Finally with some more encouragement I gave one last push and he was out and they put him right on me.  It was a sweet moment but then the midwife started pushing on my stomach and stitching me up for the next 30 minutes.  It was a nightmare.  I was so beyond done and just wanted them to leave me alone and give me a ton of pain killers.  The contractions after I had him hurt just as bad as the ones before.  Miles Thomas came at 6:55 am and weighed 7 lbs 13 oz and was 19 inches long (exactly the same as Zoey!) He is so cute. He started screaming immediately and screamed pretty much through everything they did to him.  That day was really nice and relaxing.  He slept a lot and we cuddled him a lot.  Dane picked up Weston and Zoey around 4 and met Miles.  They both loved holding him.  Dane took them to eat at the cafeteria and we watched frozen in the hospital room.  It was a fun night.  Dane took them home at 8.  I had some awesome nurses.  They took Miles the whole first night and just brought him to me to nurse.  I was able to get a lot of rest which I was so grateful for.  The next morning I snuggled Miles for a long time - it was sweet.  Dane came and we had lunch and got ready to head home.  
So far things have been good. Zoey and Weston have colds which has kind of freaked me out- I make them wash their hands constantly and keep Miles in my room most of the time.  Dane has been home this week and has done everything so I could rest and take care of Miles.  The nights have been rough because he seems to only sleep for an hour tops before he wakes up again.  We are tired and happy.  We are all soo excited to have Miles in our family.   


















No comments: