This is when we first brought Miles home....

the first few nights were rough. Dane and I took turns and tried to get some sleep. Miles preferred to be sleeping on us. The nights seem to be getting better, Miles has been waking up every 2-3 hours to eat. He gets a little worked up around 9pm and it takes a while to get him to settle down. He is eating good and is pretty chill most of the time. Sometimes he will lay so still on my chest with his eyes wide open just looking around. I love those moments. I also love it when he falls asleep right after he eats and just snuggles up against me. I even love his cry and sad face.


I took him to the doctor when he was two days old. I had to get him completely undressed to be weighed. After I undressed him he was screaming. The nurse and I were laughing and she said- I was expecting to hear a little newborn cry but that is not a newborn cry! That boy can yell! I was trying to be fast and put his diaper back on quickly but he managed to pee all over himself and his clothes before I got it back on. Luckily I had more diapers and another outfit. I cleaned him up, put another diaper on him and got him dressed and then he pooped. Luckily I had another diaper. Even though I have been through this newborn stage I had forgotten how quickly you go through diapers and outfits. After bundling him up I wet my pants. I was horrified. Luckily I was in black pants and I don't think anyone could tell. I ended up using one of his blankets to sit on until I got home. It was quite the experience.
I snapped this picture at the doctors office after he peed everywhere- can you tell he is smiling?
Dane likes to spike Miles' hair after we bath him....
We just love our sweet Miles!
No comments:
Post a Comment