1. I honestly don't think I have ever celebrated Halloween so much in my life. With the Harvest Days, trick or treating at Cabelas, the pumpkin patch, Boo at the Zoo, carving pumpkins, our ward trunk or treat, and trick or treating in our neighborhood the kids definitely had lots of opportunities to wear their costumes and get lots of candy. Whew! I think we are all over Halloween.
This was at the Zoo. We went with some friends. The kids were able to trick or treat, see animals, and do a lot of kid activities. They loved it. Weston kept his mouth full of candy the whole time. I was dressed as Olaf and felt like a celebrity- so many kids pointed and yelled, "OLAF!"
2. We carved pumpkins and cooked pumpkin seeds the night before Halloween. On Halloween we went to our ward Halloween party. We had chili, a costume contest, and a trunk or treat. After the party Dane took the kids trick or treating in the neighborhood and I stayed home and handed out candy.
4. Dane shot a buck a week and a half ago - so hunting season might be over for him this year. I was so grateful- I am just getting more tired and uncomfortable so I love having him home. We got to spend this whole last weekend together. He said he never plans to have a baby during hunting season again. : )
5. We still don't know what we are going to name the baby. Dane's favorite right now is Martin and I like Darin and Miles.
6. At church on Sunday we headed for our different classes after Sacrament meeting and Dane got stopped to chat so I was herding Zoey and Weston to their classes. Zoey was walking and started holding hands with a boy from her sunbeam class and then Weston headed in a different direction. So I took care of Weston and lost track of Zoey and her friend. I went to their class to see if they made it there and couldn't find them. I found the boys dad and he started looking too. He checked the boys bathroom and just as I headed for the girls bathroom the boy came out and saw me and said Zoey needed some help. I walked in and Zoey was on the potty all ready to go and she smiled and said, "Matthias helped me!" I thought it was hilarious. I could just picture her telling him that she needed to go potty and him taking her to the girls bathroom. I told his mom and she seemed a little embarrassed and apologized- but I wasn't worried about it. It was a friend trying to help a friend.
7. After church on Sunday Zoey and Weston sat on the couch and Zoey read books to Weston (she can't read but would make up stories or remember most details and tell Weston) They sat like this for 20 or 30 minutes looking at book after book. I had to catch the moment. They were adorable. It isn't too often to see them sitting still and having so much fun together.
8. I have most of my Christmas shopping done! With the baby coming the end of November I wanted one less thing to worry about.
9. Right now Weston is sitting by me with his hand on my belly saying, "He's kicking!"
10. I am grateful for leftovers- It's always nice to not have a lot of prep work before dinner. That's why I got to write this post : )
No comments:
Post a Comment