Sunday, October 14, 2012

Trials and Blessings

I was feeling pretty motivated to blog earlier this week but it turned out to be a very stressful and hard week, but it ended well.

1.  Monday we found a house we loved and made an offer which was accepted!

2. Tuesday and Wednesday we scheduled the home inspection, did paperwork, and got our loan. 

3.  I was stressed and did not sleep well Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday which led to .....

4. Thursday I woke up with Mastitis.  I wanted to die.  I was so blessed to have a wonderful Sister in my ward pick up my prescription and request to take my kids and bring me dinner. 

5. I stayed in bed all day and when Dane got home and the kids were dropped off he took care of everything.  Friday that same amazing Sister took my kids for half the day and I spent that half in bed.

6.  It was a really hard few days and I was really emotional.  My milk would not let down no matter what I tried so I could not feed Weston and he would not drink formula.  The first day he survived on crackers and baby food and the second day he drank a little formula. I had a fever, horrible pain, no appetite, nausea, heartburn, and I was beyond exhausted. 

7. I expressed gratitude to that sweet Sister in my ward and she expressed gratitude to me.  Saying what a joy my children were and that her children were begging her to have a baby so they were thrilled to have mine over.  I swear she was an angel sent straight from heaven.

8. I was comforted and strengthened after praying and reading a talk by President Monson from the April General Conference "The Race of Life".

9. Here is a quote I loved this week: “God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as he always has. But he can't if you don't pray, and he can't if you don't dream. In short, he can't if you don't believe.” ― Jeffrey R. Holland

10. I have learned that I don't do well with sickness, I don't want to be sick again for a while and I don't sleep well at night.  My goals are to take more time to relax.  My plan is to try some yoga and find some good books to read so I can relax.



2 comments:

Jessica :) said...

I am so sorry you had such a rough week. It is awful being sick as a mom. My mom always used to say that moms shouldn't be allowed to be sick and I agree with her! I hope you are on the mend now and I wish you luck getting everything worked out for that new house!

Brielle Kennington said...

My heart goes out to you. When I got it after I moved to Florida it was the worst pain I've ever experienced. Jeff came home from work and I was laying on the couch, not really aware of what was going on. I don't know how I did it but I drove myself to the doctor to get a prescription for it. I hope you feel better soon.