Saturday, November 13, 2010

November 13- Jenna

Jenna is my cousin.  She is  my age.  We never lived in the same town but we always got to see each other at least once a year at the Chaffin family  Memorial Day Campout. 

The wonderful thing about getting together with Jenna is that it felt like we hadn't been apart.  It was like we were friends getting together to chat.  Jenna is a great listener and I always felt like I could tell her anything.  I knew she wouldn't judge me. 

I would define Jenna as a "true beauty".  She is beautiful inside and out.  She is full of love and truly cares for those around her. 

One of my favorite memories of Jenna was at Memorial Day when we were probably 16 or 17.  Every year we would hop on the four-wheelers the first day of the campout and drive till we found a spot where we could sit and catch up.  This particular year we decided to prepare a picnic.  We made sandwiches and gathered other treats and headed off.  We drove FOREVER trying to find the perfect spot in the mountains.  I think we got so hungry we didn't really care where we had the picnic.  We ended up on a pretty hill with flowers and trees.  As we were unloading the picnic supplies we noticed there was animal poop everywhere.  It was hard to find a spot we could lay the blanket down without laying it on poop.  We finally got everything out and ate and talked for a while and eventually headed back to the campout where we found out that our parents had been pretty worried.  I guess it had been hours and we didn't even realize it.

Afterwords we laughed about our lovely picnic on poop mountain.  

Good times.  

I will always cherish our wonderful talks about our dreams, trials, loves, challenges, and friends. 

Jenna is now married and she has two beautiful children.  

I will always be grateful for her example and friendship.  

No comments: