I am grateful for my brother Daniel. He is 8 years older than me. I have always looked up to Daniel. He has always worked hard, been full of energy, and had a positive attitude. He is a fun and likable guy. I can't even recall one time I heard him complain. He just goes and does. Mom used to give us a list of chores on Saturdays. We would divide those chores by picking them one by one. Andrew and I would fight for the easier ones but Daniel didn't care what he got and he seemed to always manage to get his chores done in an hour or two.
Daniel always strived to do the right thing and be true to himself. I feel like his example gave me confidence and a desire to make good choices. One of my favorite memories with Daniel that blessed my life was the summer of 2003. He was home from college and I had my drivers permit. He let me drive him everywhere to get my hours in. Not only that, he took me to institute and other activities with him. It was so fun. I felt like I was fun to be around and that he truly enjoyed spending time with me even though I was a young high schooler and he was a mature college student. That summer I felt like Daniel and I became good friends and I am grateful for that.
I remember visiting Daniel at BYU-Idaho. He introduced me to some girls he met at school and asked who I wanted to stay with. I said I wanted to stay with his ex-girlfriend at the time- Jill. I loved Jill and thought Daniel and Jill were meant to be together. He reluctantly took me to her apartment and she welcomed me with open arms. That night I asked her if Daniel still had a chance- even though she was with another guy at the time. She didn't say no for sure and that gave me hope.
The rest of their story is quite incredible- and could take a while to write. It would make a great movie or book. You'll have to ask them about it.
Now they are happily married with four beautiful children and they continue to bless the lives of many.
Thank you for all you do!
2 comments:
Oh your post made my day. I do remember that summer. We had a great time didn't we? Laurel I love your blog. Thanks for sharing your life and your sweet perspective. It is a blessing for me to be able to watch you press forward in being a mother and wife. Way to go. YOU ARE REALLY DOING IT!
I love you.
Daniel
Isn't it crazy that they live by me now?? They seem like a great family and their kids are gorgeous!!
Post a Comment