Wednesday, June 30, 2010

She's in charge

Zoey definitely let's us know who's boss at our house. Sometimes when it's time to feed her she will not latch on and we will try everything with no budge. Five minutes later I will try to feed her again and she will latch on with no argument.
Some nights she will sleep great with a few regular feedings and we think we have her all figured out and the next night we will do the same thing and she will surprise us with no sleep.
The other night it was pretty late- or early, it's all a blur. She had a little blowout on her clothes so I set the changing pad on the bed and took the clothes to the wash while Dane changed her. While I was putting the clothes in Dane said, "Laurel come quick!" I hurried into the room just as Zoey finished peeing. The pee quickly went down the changing pad and all over our sheets and her new clean clothes. We hurried and put her diaper on and then got another outfit and another set of sheets. Good times.

It's amazing with all of the crazy little moments how much we love this sweet girl. Some nights when she won't sleep I get a little flustered until I pick her up and see her bright eyes looking up at me completely content. It's like that Brad Paisley song goes, " I live for little moments like that."

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Love all the pictures she is beautiful!

Alycia said...

thanks for the pictures! She looks darling in that outfit!