The taurus had a crack in the radiator so it was leaking antifreeze and the heat didn't work. We wanted to go to Utah for christmas so we bought a used radiator and it was running like a champ. We went to utah for the holidays and then I started driving the car to Blackfoot (1 hour drive) with my carpool for student teaching. I came out of the school one day and there was antifreeze everywhere.
I thought, oh crap. I put more antifreeze in it and picked up the other girls, said a prayer and headed for Rexburg. We made it ( which was a amazing ) and my dad looked at the car. He said it had a cracked head and we needed to buy a new car.
This car has been amazing. I got it from my parents when I got my drivers license. I sure put it through a lot with hitting a couple deer and a stop sign. The cops referred to me as "one-headlight Laurel"
This car took me to college. One day it wouldn't start and there was a place on campus looking at vehicles with problems. I asked Dane and his roommates to help me get it to campus. They pushed it up a hill and then a guy offered to tow it the rest of the way. Once we got there and waited in line for an hour- they told me they didn't look at vehicles with that many problems.
I later found out that the car just needed gas!
Another time I was packing to go back home during my off track. I had loaded my car up and gone to bed. The next morning I woke up and my car was not in the parking lot. I was freaking out! I called the police and Dane assuming someone had stolen my car. The cops asked me to drive around and look for it. I hopped in my roommates car with Dane and we started driving around campus to find the car parked by a building on campus. I didn't remember leaving it there and walking home but I was relieved to have my car back. It was an adventure to say the least.
I am grateful for this amazing car and I will really miss it!
We bought a 2006 Nissan Sentra a couple weeks ago and we love it!
2 comments:
Cars are like old friends, but they can only be run on so many prayers. I hope your new car with bring you many more happy memories! Love ya!
Congrats on a new car!
Post a Comment