Now my on campus experience is over. I know I will miss it.
I have been a Teachers Assistant for Kathy Cook for a year and a half. On my last day working for her I felt joy and sadness. I am going to miss the wonderful times I had with her and look back with a smile. The last day I worked I helped her enter the final grades for the last time. It was always one of my favorite work days as I would listen to her reflect on the semester and rejoice in the students efforts and accomplishments. She has been a wonderful example and mentor to me.
I have been student teaching for 2 weeks now. I teach student living (which includes sewing, cooking, child development, etc) to 7th and 8th graders at Snake River Junior High. It takes an hour to get to the school but luckily I am in a car pool. The other day a kid asked me if I was getting paid for this and I said no. He said it wasn't worth it.
I have been enjoying it so far although it is exhausting and there are some really challenging kids.
The teacher I work with is wonderful. She is also in charge of honor society and detention.
I will try to keep updating. There will be many great stories to tell.
2 comments:
I'm sure you will have stories to tell with student teaching. There always are stories! You're going to do wonderfully, I'm sure. {and even though you don't get paid, it is still mostly worth it!} Good luck with everything this semester!
When We first left Rexburg I was so excited! But now there are times when I miss it! I told Landi I was super excited to come to Rexburg in April!
Post a Comment