When I was younger I remember writing in my journal for a week straight and then a month later I would write in it again. Just like my blog. I also remember thinking that I had to start from the very beginning so many of my journal entries begin, "I'm so sorry it's been so long" "I was born in..." (I often talked to my journal as if it was a person. Dane thinks its pretty funny.)
One of the reasons I haven't posted is because it's my SUMMER BREAK and I am not as productive as I would like to be. Another reason is because the month of JULY includes my birthday, Dane's birthday and our anniversary.
Here it goes- I am going to go through the past two months the best I can:
Dane bought a recurve bow on ebay-it broke in his archery class- he was refunded and found an even better bow at a yard sale for $10. He is in heaven.
Dane requested dirt cake on his birthday- which turned out fabulous (much better than the first time I made it with the butter chunks...good times, good times)
I requested a chocolate cake shaped like a "22" - Dane did a great job


Here are our nieces and nephews on my side of the family- right after the blessing.
This is right after they got their hair done.
-A picture of all of them in the gardens.
The girls doing a disco dance.
After the week was over we went to pocatello to drop the girls off. We played at the park and got Papa Murphey's pizzas for half off- because I am an employee : )
Me and my sisters (plus Susannah)
More news-
- I got placed in Davis County Utah for my student teaching in the winter- we are just hoping Dane can find his internship there.
- I am currently working at the college as a secretary/teacher's assistant and I am doing my internship at Papa Murpheys.
- Dane is still working for the school as a construction intern.
- Someone bought the house we were managing and decided he wanted to do construction on it- so we are moving in with my parents next week.
Whew- I did it.
7 comments:
yeah you did it! it can become overwhelming. i try and at least make an entry, i can go back and add the pictures later. july was a busy month. you forgot that school went to almost the end of it too.
good job Laurel. It is always so nice to see what you are up too! Don't feel bad about not posting...just do what you need to do! Love ya both!
We were starting to wonder what you two were up to. I am glad you had a great summer.
While you are doing your student teaching we will have to meet up! Landi and I live near provo so we will have to met half way some where!
It definitely sounds like you've had a busy summer! It was fun to pass by you today on my way to church. We need to do something before you guys head to Utah for your student teaching! (I know that's a semester away, but life gets crazy!)
Oh Laurel you are so cute! What a fun recap to read! I would love to learn your number on the pancake trick - that is cool! Enjoy Davis County, we lived there last year and I LOVED it - where are you teaching? ... I love good deals too - for our anniversary I chose to go bike riding - free and fun! :) You look happy and well; I am so glad!
whew, you've been up to a lot! Happy birthday to both of you :) Looks like you're having a blast!
Post a Comment