Sunday, May 31, 2009

Starts with a garbage can

1. I have a few great classic "Laurel" stories that have happened recently. It all starts with a garbage can....

Our bathroom is small. There really isn't much counter space for curling irons, make-up, toothbrushes, hairspray etc. So I store a lot of my stuff on the back of the toilet. This has created a lot of problems. I have dropped a few things in the toilet and in the trash can next to the toilet. One morning I was in a hurry - I had dropped something but I didn't remember where. The next morning I was missing my eyeliner. Dane had already taken out the trash to the garbage cans outside- and they were sitting on the street waiting to be emptied by the garbage man. I hurried outside and found the garbage sack for the bathroom and was able to find my eyeliner before the garbage man came. what a relief!



2. We have lived in our new apartment (pics are coming-I almost have all my pictures up) for a month now and I have already crawled through the bathroom window 3 times. I don't know why I am so big on locking the door.

This lovely window leads straight into the bathtub. It works best if I put my hands in my shoes and slide in feet first.


The first time I locked myself out was when we only had one house key. We were putting the key above the door and then one day I walked out after I locked the door and I couldn't remember where I put the key. I checked everywhere. Then I figured I left it in the apt. I started running around the house trying to break in before Dane got home.
Finally I got in through the bathroom window.

Turns out the key was not in the apt. It slipped through a crack above the door. I also lost another key in the crack trying to get the first key out.
Dane ended up getting them out with a paper clip.

By the way-that lovely BRIGHT pink paint is not only in the hallway that leads to our apt -its also in our bathroom. We also have a classic 70's green color in our bedroom.



3. Memorial Day Campout!





The talent show included: Ball Family Pyramid
1 minute headstand
Scene from the play "Smash" - and much more
and-The audience
Campfire

2 comments:

rachbechep said...

i was just blog stalking and i almost didn't click on yours because i thought...noooo she wouldn't have updated in the last couple days and sure enough you had!!!!!!!! keep the blogs coming!
ps. im excited for tuesday. :)

Unknown said...

we have the same problem, though i try not to let anything fall in the trash. i would've gone after it too.