Thursday, March 5, 2009

"Today is the greatest"

1. I have been thinking about some of my high school friends this week. My friend Jo's birthday was March 4th. I've known Jo since first grade. She is an amazing person. Growing up we did a lot of 4-H projects together- this is us getting a picture before modeling the clothes we made. Jo always pushed me to be a better person and I am so grateful for that. Right now she is at U of I majoring in chemical engineering.
Jo always had the BEST birthday sleepovers EVER. She never liked barbies or dolls and one year we were asking what she wanted for her birthday she said she didn't know, we threatened to get her a barbie if she didn't tell us. She didn't tell us, so we got her a barbie. We ended up re-gifting that same barbie for everyone's birthday- it got passed around a lot.


2. We celebrated Grandpa Don's birthday last Sunday. I love Grandpa Don because he is in his 80's and is still pressing forward and working hard - he still goes hunting every year.


3. Dane and I went shooting last week with our neighbors, it was a little cold, but fun. I shot the 22 a few times and then I got the guts to shoot a shotgun- it had a little kick to it, I still shot the clay bird -but it was on the ground.
4. Dane and I signed up for classes this week! I love planning our schedules-and I have to say they look great for next semester!

Dane's Classes: Marketing, New Testament, Structural Steel, Archery, Building Information Modeling, Concrete & Masonry
Laurel's Classes: Advanced writing in the social sciences, Money Management, Stewardship parenting and Early Childhood practicum (5 credits- I have 8 hours of preschool lab and 3 hours of class time a week. )
5. This week I sewed my brains out!! I am in an advanced sewing class and we finished our plaid shirts a little late so now the whole class is behind and we had to sew dress pants in a week! I about started crying in class so I left for a little to cool off.
This week in sewing we are making lined dresses/skirts.

1 comment:

Alycia said...

sound like you are both doing well. We sure love keeping up with your through your blog. it makes you seems not so far away!