Sunday, March 15, 2009

Another great week at BYU-Idaho

1. Grandma Gampe's birthday was March 13th. I love Grandma Gampe because she is so sweet and giving. When Dane and I lived in Pennsylvania last winter Dane and his dad went hunting and I had the opportunity to spend the day with her. She took me to breakfast at a hotel, to the movies, to lunch and we even went shopping! I had such a wonderful time! Even though she didn't know me that well she treated me like I had always been family. I am so grateful for her kindness and her example.
2. This week was also my friend Sharaia's birthday. This is a picture of us in High School. Sharaia is always fun to be with and she is a great person to talk to about EVERYTHING.

I remember heading home one night late after a dance and I had a lot on my mind. So I stopped by her house- since it was so late I walked around her house to her bedroom window and I reached up and tapped on it- no answer.....so I reached up and tapped again....still no answer ( I didn't own a cell phone at the time)

I ended up going to the front door and knocking gently

She peaked and saw that it was me... Turns out....I scared the crap out of her, she thought I was some psycho knocking on her window and so she turned off her light and hid behind her bed.

We laughed and laughed over that night.

She has always been a wonderful friend

3. Today my mom surprised me with this clinique bonus bag. I can't begin to tell you how much I LOVE clinique bonus bags. She knows how to make my day!

4. This is the shirt I worked on for weeks in my advanced sewing class. It's a plaid, button down collared shirt -and I made it for my dad. It was a pain in the butt, but my dad likes it and I think he looks great in it!



5. Dane and I babysat Austin this week (our nephew) So Brielle and Jeff could go to the temple. He was so cute- Dane is so good at making Austin laugh- enjoy





6. GUESS WHAT!! Dane has been working as an Assistant project coordinator on campus for an internship..and...he gets to keep this job while he is in school in the summer! He loves his job and he has learned a lot. We are so grateful!

4 comments:

rachbechep said...

laurel, i think you are GREAT!

Tari said...

I'm so impressed with how well you sew! Maybe some time you can show me a few tricks.

Emily said...

Jen and I hit the clinique counter too! I'm so impressed with your sewing skills. I did my 2 baby blankets, and in the process, discovered 5 more that I had started and never finished! OOPS:) I'm finishing number 3 now....

Cathie said...

Hey Laurel, Lexie sent me your blog link. It is so fun to read about what your up to. You are positive and cute. I am TOTALLY impressed with your dad's shirt. I can not imagine sewing that - what a wonderful skill! Good job!