Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Great News

1. I found my SHOE- Woooohooooo. I was really getting tired of wearing brown shoes and brown belts. I can now where my cute black shirts with my black belts and black shoes. I was just about to give up hope- I was even looking for new shoes- and then I went to the lost and found again and it was there. I am delighted.

2. We had dinner with Andrew, Tara, Brielle, Jeff, mom and dad a couple weeks ago. It was so fun. I took this picture of Dane playing with Austin. Dane is so fun to watch with kids. He started getting teased about being baby hungry. Today I bore my testimony about wanting to hold other peoples babies and how I was excited to be a mom-yup one of those days. Dane said everyone looked at him like he wasn't letting me have a baby-haha-don't worry we are praying about it.33. Dane went on a trip to Reno on a LEED construction team. It was a competition. He left early Wednesday morning and came back at 2 am on Sunday.

What did I do for 4 days? I will tell you, I watched about 5 chick flicks (while I worked on my sewing project for class) I have to say I prefer the old version of "Annie" over the new one. Annie and Miss Hannigan are much better in the old one.

Just as I was getting really into Anne of Green Gables the video tape broke. I got it from the library and they were very kind and said they would fix it. I tried to get the movie somewhere else and they didn't have it -tragic I know.

I went to my neice Amelia's baptism on saturday with my parents. She looked beautiful in white. We also celebrated her birthday by going to "pink panther 2" -I fell asleep for part of it and then we had pizza and cake.

This is Becca


A group of kids sang a song on stage at the luncheon

Amelia and her dad

Amelia!





Blowing out the candles....


I had fun taking pictures with Avery

Amelia and Ben

Rachel and Avery


5 comments:

Alycia said...

pray that you can wait to have kids until you are done with school! your life will be a lot easier if that is the answer. I know it is hard to wait and the Lord doesn't always want you to. I just want you to be able to enjoy every second of your baby without worrying about school. I am glad that you found your shoe. I bet that was a happy day!

Susan Staus said...

Congrats on finding your shoe!

Dave and I waited to have kids until we were done with school... well technically he wasn't, he was still going part-time and working full time, but it had been 4 1/2 years and I was tired of waiting (I had been done for 3 years). Those 4 1/2 years were great without kids! And these past 3 years with kids have also been great! Don't let others pressure you into it or make you feel bad about it. Good luck! Happy praying! :)

Tari said...

Laurel, I wanted to tell you yesterday that you can hold Nathan any time you feel like you need to just hold a baby!

Emily said...

I'm so glad you found your shoe!! I love your pictures from the baptism and the birthday- it was great to see you! This time you have with just your husband will seem like an wonderful blessing once you have children and realize they are yours forever! Enjoy the moment of just your guys and school. To everything there is a season and when the time is right, you won't feel pressured, just excited;)

Unknown said...

The great thing about your life is that it is between you Dane and the Lord. i can't wait to see your sewing projects you have been working on.