Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Laurel's first 10

I love Emily's ten on Tuesday, so I am going to try it
It actually took me a little bit to come up with ten....

1. I really want to buy three frames like this to put in our living room when we get home. I love thinking about putting pictures up and decorating our apartment.


2. Dane's dad got a cotton candy maker for a fund raiser at the school. He brought it home so everyone got cotton candy. Dane loves it so he stuffed a ziploc with it so he could take it for lunch.


3. You can record TV shows here so I have been recording What not to Wear. Everybody hates it but me, so I have to watch it when I'm by myself. I just love seeing the transformation. I might nominate myself someday.

4. I dream all the time when I'm asleep but lately all I dream about is waitressing and I find myself laying in bed thinking about it. I'm usually thinking..."did I get that table extra napkins? Did I add their desserts to their bill? I took him his refill didn't I?" then I think "oh yes I do remember doing that" Isn't that nuts??? Its been driving me crazy.

5. I just happened to run into some girl scouts last week and they were selling cookies. I am a huge fan so I bought three boxes. Dane and I keep them stashed in our room. I've decided thin mints are my favorite. Dane prefers the samoas.

6. I am really looking forward to Summer Semester. Dane and I get to register for classes March 12th. I have already planned out my entire schedule and Dane's. (he doesn't like doing that) He has Concrete and Masonry, Construction Company Management, Business, Statics and Strengths of Mat, Mechanical systems, Bowling and Building Eternal Marriage.

I have Clothing Construction, Architecture Interior Design, Meal Management, Textiles, Child Development, bowling (with Dane) and Building Eternal marriage ( with Dane)
7. Dane and I have the day off Saturday so we are going to the King of Prussia mall which is actually one of the top ten largest malls in the world. It has 400 stores in it and its only 45 minutes away! WOOHOO!



8. We have been watching American Idol since it started a few weeks ago. I am rooting for Brooke White, David Archuleta, David Cook, Jason Castro, and Ramiele Malubay. I have been voting every week.

9. I got this coat my Junior year in High School. I wear it all the time, even in the house. I didn't realize not many people liked it until I came home one day and Dane told me I should get a new coat, because I look ghetto in this one and it has stains on it. Jenne told me it was a little ghetto as well. I was surprised but I really didn't mind buying a new coat.
This is the coat I bought and because its spring I got 70% off. I love it, but I'm still keeping my other one.




10. Dane's coworkers informed him that copper is big right now so he has been collecting copper at his construction sight. He strips the thick stuff. So far he has gotten $500 out of it. He has used some of the money to purchase tools.....we just hope we can get them home. Grandpa Clyde was pretty impressed.









6 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, Laurel I love your top ten! Your new coat is fabulous, and I insist you nominate me for "what not to wear" (Joe doesn't like it either)

Glad no girl scouts have been around here, or I would be forced to buy several boxes. I like the regular shortbread ones.

Tell Dane, WTG on the copper! Love you guys!

Emily said...

I also meant to tell you that I used to dream about waitressing all of the time. One night ,I had the craziest dream and when I woke up, all of my lanudry baskets and crates were set up on the floor like tables!

Tiffany said...

Jenne' looks pretty excited about that cotton candy!

Jen said...

Love your top ten.. funny thing... Aaron's Dad was worried about me getting cold out here and took me to Kohls to buy a coat. I picked one out that looks like your ghetto one and I remember thinking, "Laurel has one like this and it looks cute on her." So there you go, maybe I should go on "what not to wear" too.

Alycia said...

I still have nightmares about waitressing too! it is a really stressful job! Arners is a good place to work. We are excited to see you soon...I hope you eat all your cookies before we get there since we know where they are! :-)

Brielle & Jeffrey Kennington said...

I still have waitressing nightmares too. I had them bad when I worked at Melaleuca too. Now I write stories in my head. I actually used some of the stuff I came up with later.