My mom came to help me the week before Thanksgiving. It was so wonderful to have her here. She took care of everything and I pretty much slept and took care of Miles. She got the groceries, took Zoey to preschool, took the kids to the library, and made lots of wonderful food to freeze. She also made most of the Thanksgiving food. The day before Thanksgiving my dad drove down to be with us. He ended up driving through a blizzard and it took him almost 8 hours instead of 5. Zoey and Weston loved having Grandma and Papa at our house. They read tons of books, played some fun ball games, went for a walk, played in the snow, and built a snowman. It was our first thanksgiving at our house! We have always gone to someone else's house. I quickly learned if I host Thanksgiving again I will need to buy some pie pans and a roasting pan. We also got to play hearts after the kids were in bed and it was so fun. It was a nice relaxing holiday and I loved spending it with my family and parents.
1 comment:
Super cute! We hosted for the first time too, and now I wish we could host everything, always. It can be fun to visit others and get outside of the day-to-day routine, but I LOVE hosting. This is especially true since we have no friends in our area and I rarely get such an opportunity.
Post a Comment