In August we:
Hiked for Family Home Evening
Spent a lot of time playing with friends.
Had to say goodbye to our friends the Wegeners.
We started our food storage! We are pretty excited about it. We bought wheat, honey, rice, pasta, beans, and a generator for emergencies. We are buying a little each month to work towards a year of food storage.
I caught Zoey and Weston reading books together.
I cannot believe summer is already over....
4 comments:
I've decided you are super photogenic! You always look glowing and beautiful:) and you are my hero for doing so well with your food storage! We NEED to do better with this!!
I'm curious - how do you plan to store the food? Keep it indefinitely? Use some as you go as to not lose it due to spoilage? Something else...?
Oh thank you Claire! I miss you. When are you coming back for a visit? Zoey still asks about Elsie.
Well a lot we are getting like wheat and rice stays good for a long time. And all that I get I use so I hope to use as I go and continually refill. Canned goods usually last 2-3 yrs and I use them often. It feels good to be prepared for possible disasters and emergencies :)
Post a Comment