Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Helper

When I was pregnant with Zoey, everyone told me how wonderful it was that I was having a girl first because she would be a great helper. 
 
 It was totally thrilling for both of us to have her hold the dustpan while I swept the dirt onto it the other day.  I love that she has a desire to help me with things right now.  Although the other day we were a little counterproductive as she was sweeping and walking on the floor I was trying to mop.  I didn't get upset about it knowing Weston would be throwing food on the floor next time he was in the high chair. 
 
I was reading a friends blog that started a sticker chart for her son.  When he did something helpful or nice he got a sticker and when he got a row of stickers he got a treat or prize. 
 
I am thinking about doing that with Zoey.  I hope that can lead into some excitement about potty training-knowing that she will get stickers for going pee on the potty. 
 
However, I am still not ready to start that again. 
 



No comments: