6 years ago TODAY Dane proposed. After dating fall semester at BYU-Idaho and spending Christmas with his family he went home to Pennsylvania and I went home to Idaho. We pretty much knew we were going to get married. I had already looked at rings over Christmas with his sisters and mother.
The plan was to break up our long 4 month period apart by flying me to Pennsylvania in February. I had a feeling he was going to propose while I was there but I didn't want to get my hopes up.
On Friday we spent the day with his family and went to Shady Maple (which was amazing). Then on Saturday we woke up early to take a bus to New York City. The bus was almost full and we could not find two seats next to each other. So I asked a woman who had an empty seat next to her if she wouldn't mind moving to the seat across the aisle so I could sit next to Dane.
She gave me a look of death and without saying anything moved to the other seat.
That was a little new for me coming from small town Salmon, Idaho.
New York was eye opening. We couldn't figure out which Subway to take so we ended up walking to Times Square. We checked out the massive Toys R Us and rode the ferris wheel inside. We also went to the M & M store and to Starbucks where we got some hot chocolate. It was magical to be in New York with Dane.
Dane had gotten us tickets to see the broadway play "Wicked". We got there early and waited until they opened the theatre doors. The play was incredible. An absolute dream come true for me. Right before intermission we actually thought the play was over and stood up to start clapping and soon realized it was the intermission.
When the play ended we stayed in our seats and talked while people left the theatre. Soon we were the only ones left and Dane asked if I felt good about where our relationship was going. I said yes. He asked what I thought the next step was and I said, umm I don't know........
And then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him and I said YES. Then they asked us to please exit the theatre. We bought the soundtrack on the way out.
Afterwords we went to an Italian restaurant and ordered spaghetti. I really wanted to share a noodle like "Lady and the Tramp" so we did. We tried calling our families but had trouble getting a hold of anyone.
I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the night and was completely terrified of wearing my engagement ring fearing someone would be able to steal it off my finger.
We went and bought matching "I heart NY" shirts and took the bus back to PA. Dane's family surprised us with a cake saying congratulations. Which is what the picture is of.
It was such a wonderful weekend.
I feel so incredibly blessed to have met and married Dane. Since I met him many of my dreams have come true. I am grateful to know that whatever happens- we have each other.

No comments:
Post a Comment