Well it has been an incredibly busy and wonderful few weeks. Here's my recap:
1. We closed on our house and moved in on the 17th. We had wonderful help moving and cleaning. It was incredible and exhausting. I was completely overwhelmed with all of the boxes at first but after getting the majority unpacked it is feeling more and more like home and we love it. I'll post pictures soon.
2. We also painted. There were two maroon walls (with sparkles) in the living room and we wanted them more of a brown/beige with no sparkles. So I picked a color and it turned out looking like a pink brown. Luckily we took the paint back in to change it a little and now we love it.
3. So we moved in on a Saturday and I thought I had called all the utilities to put them in our name but I didn't. I noticed the water wouldn't get warm and our house was cold. They shut off our gas and wouldn't turn it on until Monday. So we had to go through the weekend with no heat or hot water. Luckily we had our camping heater and another space heater to keep warm and Dane boiled about 20 pots of water so we could bath before church. It was pretty wonderful to get it turned back on when Monday came.
5. This last week one of my good friends I grew up with stopped with her family to visit on her way to Idaho. I haven't seen her since her wedding and now she has two darling children. I loved seeing her and her family. I wish they lived closer. Zoey and Ben became quick friends.
6. We had friends over to watch "Elf" last Saturday with all our kids ages 2 and under and it went remarkably well. The kids ate, played and watched off and on and the parents got to see some of the movie!
7. We like our new ward and Zoey has transitioned well into the new nursery - it helped a lot to have two incredible nursery leaders.
8. We have had some fun buying a few things for the house like a TV stand, a ladder, outside christmas lights, a mop, and a washer and dryer (off of craigslist- and so far no problems..did I mention I love not having to use quarters?)
9. We are all sleeping better with another room for Weston- especially him.
10. I took this picture today after we got a package from Papa Tom. It made our day!
1 comment:
I can't wait to see pictures.
Post a Comment