Monday, July 2, 2012

Mystic Lake

This last weekend we went on a hike to Mystic Lake with our friends. First we drove about two hours to get to the beginning of the hike. 

The hike was 6 miles total. It was such a beautiful day and the hike was beautiful but it was a lot harder than I thought it would be.  There were some very steep rocky parts which wouldn't have been too bad if I wasn't carrying Weston and Dane was amazing and carried Zoey plus our lunch and water packs.  I bet he carried 30+ pounds. 

We saw other hikers along the way and they kept saying things like, "Wow you guys are crazy carrying your kids!" or "You must be in good shape!" It was very motivating and made me feel good.  The Lake was incredible.  It took us 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get there( we did take a lot of little breaks) and about an 1 1/2 to come back down. 

It was such a reward to sit by the Lake and eat lunch.  It was totally worth it and it felt wonderful to be outside.  The kids were amazing.  Weston slept almost the whole way and was content when he was awake and Zoey sat happily in the hiking pack and threw rocks in the Lake when we got there. 

I was soo sore and exhausted afterwords.  I honestly don't know if I would take the kids on that particular hike again because they would have to be carried because it is too dangerous for Zoey to walk on her own. 

The experience made me want to go out and enjoy the outdoors more often. There is so much to be seen!






























1 comment:

Jessica :) said...

The pictures are so pretty! And I'm sure it was a fun - though probably exhausting - trip. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to try something like that! But I'm glad you were able to go out with your family and enjoy some time together.