Thursday, June 14, 2012

Zoey is 2!

Zoey is growing so fast.  I put a little dress on her the other day and it wasn't a dress anymore! We had a party for her last weekend.  We invited some friends and had dinner and cake at the park.  I don't think Zoey understood exactly what was going on but she had a good time.  She played and ran and jumped and giggled.   She only opened a couple gifts our friends brought but didn't show much interest in the opening part- just the gift.  She really tried to blow out the candle with her cute little blows but eventually we had to help. 

She actually wore the same outfit on her birthday that she wore last year.  It did fit her better this year. 

Here are a few fun things about Zoey:

-Lately she loves to play the game "Where is it?" She will hide something with her hands and say "Where is it?" "Where did it go?" She will say that until I respond, "Where is it? I don't know." Then she will lift up her hand and say "There it is!" This will go on and on for a while.

- She takes her doll almost everywhere with her and usually carries her around by her hair or neck. 

- I cannot get her to sit in a shopping cart unless it has a "cool" seat.  She kicks, arches her back and
 yells "WALK ! WALK!"  It's a little frustrating but she usually stays with me pretty good.

-She is getting more into dancing.  She got a toy laptop for her birthday and she has a song she will turn on and start dancing to.  She will usually put on her lei while she dances as well.

-Yesterday we went to the park and she kept going down the slide saying "Wee!" then she went and got her doll and would push her down the slide and then go down behind her.  It was adorable.

-She loves fruit including: oranges, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, peaches, pears and grapes.  She also likes tomatoes- which is funny to me.  I hated tomatoes all my growing up years.

Here she is on the morning of her party- doesn't look very excited- she rarely smiles for the camera.

 Here is the cake I made.  I am not a big cake decorator but I thought it turned out pretty good. I really want the cake to TASTE really good but I don't care how fancy it looks.  It was good.  I made FROSTING and CAKE from melskitchencafe.  The frosting was more work but I liked it.

 I let Zoey eat some extra frosting before dinner.

 Here is Weston and my friend Caitlyn's son Porter enjoying the party.  Weston is 2.5 months and Porter is 1.5 months.  Could they look more different?

 Birthday Girl

Eating cake

Zoey was feeding her friend Asher.  It was hilarious.  He didn't try to use his hands at all.  He would just open his mouth and she would feed him, then she would take a bite and give him another bite.

 Blowing out the candles.  The wind kept blowing them out until we finally got them to stay lit for a little bit.

 Quick pic with the birthday girl.

 Playing the the water


These three were being so cute.  They were giggling and jumping and dancing around.  We should have gotten a video.

Weston did pretty good but he started getting hungry and tired towards the end.

 When we got home it was past her bedtime but we let her open a couple gifts before she went to bed.  She was thrilled with her laptop.  She started dancing when the music played.
Happy Birthday to our sweet Zoey! We love you and we are so glad you are a part of our family!

1 comment:

Jessica :) said...

She is such a sweetie! I love her hair. It's super cute. Sounds like it was a fun birthday! Happy Birthday, Zoey!