Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Typical Day

I was planning to post this before I had Weston but he came too fast! I wanted to post about a typical day with Zoey when it was just her and I.  My daily routine has already changed quite a bit and I want to remember what it was like with just her and what we did. 

I wish I would have done this during different times when it was just Dane and I, when we were students, when we first had Zoey, etc.  It feels like your doing the same thing every day and before you know it everything has changed.  I now wonder what in the world I did with Zoey to get her to sleep at night!

So here was our typical day:
She would wake me up by moaning or crying around 7:30 or 8 am sometimes she would even sleep in till 8:30.  (I love how well she sleeps at night)  I would greet her and take her out of her crib. (I'm grateful she hasn't learned to climb out of it yet) 

We would usually eat breakfast right away- sometimes she would play for a couple minutes while I got it ready.

I usually fixed her hair while she ate and then I would eat with her.

After breakfast Zoey would play or I would start a 20 minute show like "Signing Time", "Baby Einstein", or "The Wiggles" so I could get ready and I would get her dressed during that time.

We were usually out the door between 9:30 and 10:30 in the morning.
These are the stairs in between the apartments.

(9:30 - Noon)
The rest of the morning was spent getting groceries, playing at the park, going to the library or running other errands. 
(Noon- 1pm)
Then we would come home and eat lunch.  I usually turned a show on the laptop like "The Biggest Loser" or "The Amazing Race" and we would watch and eat. 

After lunch I cleaned up and Zoey played until 1:30. Then I would rock her in the chair and read her a story before her nap.  On the way to her room she would kiss the mirror in the hallway.  I would lift her up and let her pull the chain to turn off the light.

I would lay her down and cover her with her blanket.

She usually napped for and hour and a half and sometimes two hours. During this time I would pay bills, take a nap, clean up, or work on some other projects.  She usually woke up crying. 
(3- 4 pm) I would get her up, start a show, and give her milk and crackers.
(4- 5 pm) I usually started dinner and she would play.  Sometimes I put her in her high chair with measuring cups and rice crispies or play dough to play with.

Dane usually got home at 5:15 and we would eat dinner together.  Then we would clean up and play.


On this particular day I got Mary Kay moisturizer in the mail and Zoey played with the box and peanuts for a while.

We ended the day usually with a bath, stories and songs and then Dane would lay her down at 7pm.

I loved our simple days together and thinking about it now it was so easy! But now our daily routine has changed but it is still wonderful- we just added this little guy,
 and I have to say it's fun having him around and I think Zoey agrees!

1 comment:

Jessica :) said...

This is fun! It is a good idea to document what you do throughout your day. Those kinds of things will be fun to look back on in 20-30 years. I love the photos of Zoey with Dane. She looks so happy to have him around! And Weston sure is cute. :)