Thursday, October 27, 2011

Girl's Weekend 2011

My family started this wonderful tradition a few years ago.  All the sister's get together with my mom to shop for a whole weekend without kids.  We stay in a hotel, go to the temple, and shop our guts out. 

I was starting to get a little stressed out as the weekend got closer.  I didn't really know how I was going to get there since we only have one vehicle and who was going to watch Zoey.  Luckily Dane got Friday off so I just needed a sitter for Thursday. 

Obviously it worked out.  Dane borrowed a car from a guy at work and I got someone from church to watch Zoey. 

I was thrilled to find out that Zoey did great with the babysitter, but felt bad to find out the car Dane borrowed wouldn't start.  Dane solved the issue by buying a car off craigslist while I was gone.  ( more on that later )

It was the best girls weekend yet.  We all got to go to the temple together- we shopped and found christmas dresses/outfits for all the grandkids, we got to celebrate my brother's birthday by taking him to lunch, and we ended the weekend with a visit to Ikea!

1 comment:

Jessica :) said...

This is such a fun tradition! I'm glad it worked out for you to go and that Zoey did well with the babysitter. I always worry when I leave Livie with a sitter that she will be terrible. Can't wait to hear about the car. :)