So I went to this highly motivating Relief Society "meeting" this evening on "running, racing, and relaxing". The speaker talked about "mind chatter" and how women tend to constantly have this chatter going on in their brain of things they need to do and so on and so forth. (IT'S SO TRUE) But she said to work on changing your mindset- instead of thinking "I have to get groceries, exercise, make dinner, clean, do the dishes, etc. etc." start saying, "I GET to go get groceries, exercise, etc." She said that running should be enjoyable. So this is my strategy to help me start running in the mornings.
And when it comes to daily redundant "to-do's" what would I be doing instead? This is what I WANT and GET to do and I have a healthy body to do it. At times I think that the reward is sitting and doing nothing and it IS a reward BUT there has to be balance. Sitting and watching TV or doing nothing for long periods of time is not fulfilling. Completing the "to-do's" is fulfilling.
I feel the best about myself when I am doing things and being more active.
When I was 11 I broke my arm and tore up my knee.
The hardest part was not being able to do the simple things-like take a shower and walk up the stairs. And the whole time I was in a cast I was longing to run, jump, dance, skip and play.
So when you start making your to do list for tomorrow in your head- remember to say, I GET to!
And tomorrow when I get up at 6 in the morning I am going to say, "I GET to go RUNNING!"

No comments:
Post a Comment