Friday, February 11, 2011

5:30 am

It's 5:30 am and I can't sleep.  I have been awake for one hour.  Zoey is asleep-I should be asleep.  I love to sleep. 

One of my biggest fears is becoming an insomniac.  I used to be able to sleep so well.  Now I feel like I toss and turn all night and I have a hard time falling asleep or returning to sleep. 

I have been told that it is part of being a mother.  I don't want  to believe that.

Any thoughts?

I going to try to get some rest with the hour I have before Zoey wakes up.

4 comments:

Jessica :) said...

Oh, man, I completely understand. I never had a problem with sleeping before I had Livie. Now, it usually takes forever for me to fall asleep. I also have random nights where I just wake up every couple of hours. Bleh. Glad I'm not the only one. But I hope you can find your sleep soon!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

I feel for you.
Ever since becoming a mother I don't sleep as well either. My baby is usually sleeping like an angel but sometimes I have a rough time sleeping. Don't ask me why but if I wake up in the night for no apparent reason I have a rough time falling back asleep. So I know exactly how you feel.

Unknown said...

i hate waking up that early. maybe because i know that i most likely won't recover that lost sleep before i have to get up. i think part of it is part of being a mother. my mom is still a light sleeper. (of course she still have kids at home too) when i was in school, (i've always been a napper) there were days that if i didn't sneak a nap in between classes or cut lunch short so i could nap, that i wouldn't get one. i would find a quiet place and lay down, put my coat over my head, set my alarm and... breathe. in and out while i would say relax. it worked and i would get to sleep. i have lost this skill a little, but i still use it when i wake in the middle of the night.

i hope that you get a nap or are able to go to sleep early tonight!

Lance and Megan Jacobsen said...

2 words....Tylenol PM! :)