Thursday, January 20, 2011

Goals

2010 Goals: Review
Attend temple monthly: I did this well until I had Zoey.  After that I think I went twice with family.  It has been hard since we moved because it is hard to ask someone to babysit and I like to go with Dane, but obviously that can't always happen.

Finish student teaching with two 4's:  I did accomplish this.  I did well student teaching.  The grading scale was 1-4, 4 being the best.

Do birthday cards 1st Sunday's: Didn't happen.  I wrote some birthday cards and got them out.  I thought if I chose a specific day I would do better.  I seem to go through phases- I'll do well and then I'll get behind.  And once I miss one birthday I seem to think it's over and I'll have to start again next year-of course not true. 

Have baby with drug's: I think it's funny I wrote this as a goal, sometimes I like to write obvious goals to make me feel like I accomplish more.  I did have Zoey with the help of an epidural and it was the best decision I could have made.

Make a quilt:  I did this!! I made the top of Zoey's baby's quilt and I also made a quilt out of jeans for Jenne and Jace when they got married.

Call friends/family- one a week:  I didn't always do this.  I don't like talking on the phone that much.

Read General Conference talk once a week:  Didn't happen.  I read a couple in January and then it ended.

Make book of history: Nope.  My family has a site that we post on and I thought I could put on the posts together to make a book, I started copying posts into a document but that was the extent of it.

Start baby scrapbook:  I started one for Zoey online, but I found that I prefer printing the pictures off and making the scrapbook from there. 
 2011 Goals:
January - March, So I'm trying a new strategy for goals, I am going to review and adjust them every 3 months so I will work a little harder and think about them more.
Go to temple 3 times (once per month): Very do-able,  the temple is close-I just have to call a babysitter or switch off babysitting with Dane in the evening.

6 dates with Dane (twice a month): Of course Dane and I spend a lot of time together anyway but the goal is to actually go out to eat or to do something fun just by ourselves, so we HAVE to get a babysitter.

Read Book of Mormon by March 31 : I am planning on starting the Book of Mormon Feb 1st.  So I have to read it in 2 months.  This will be hard, because it is a lot of reading per day but I have always wanted to read it in a short period of time-

Call 2 people per week: (friends and family) I CAN do this.  Part of the reason I don't like talking on the phone is because I am awkward on the phone at times and I have been told this quite a few times.  But of course the best way to get less awkward on the phone is to talk more....right? and since we have moved I think this is a great way to keep those important relationships strong.

Exercise 3 times a week:  May not sound like much but it is for me since I have not exercised previously

Birthday cards!:  My new strategy is that it doesn't matter if the card is late.  Just SEND IT.

I will review these in March-

1 comment:

Jessica :) said...

Great idea! I love the idea of making and reviewing and revising goals. And what a way to start! Some of your goals have inspired me and I'll probably use this inspiration in my Feb goals! Good luck!