Recently I was looking at a few amazing craft blogs to get some ideas for projects I could do - especially home decor crafts.
The more I looked the more anxious and frustrated I became.
I was overwhelmed with all of the things I wanted to do and frustrated that my home didn't look like theirs. I was also frustrated because I felt like I didn't match up.
I started crying that night while I tried to express my feelings and thoughts to Dane. It wasn't just not being "crafty" enough. It was everything. Worrying about the kind of mom and wife I am, if I am a good enough homemaker etc.
He was a great listener and helped me realize that I am enough.
Our home may not look like those on a craft blog and that is OK.
The important thing is that I do my best and serve those that I love.
7 comments:
I think that all of us have felt that way at one time or another. (hugs)
I remember thinking some of those same things when I first started reading all those fun craft blogs. But I always remind myself that everyone has their own talents/abilities... and don't forget that blogs tend to make other people's lives look better than they really are!! :)
your so cute! I feel the SAME way! but we all have to start somewhere right? miss you guys!
Thanks for this post! I agree with the first comment, I think most women feel that way at one point or another.. myself included! It is so easy to look at someone else's life and think it is perfect, when in reality, they are just choosing to show the good parts and they have their fair share of hard things.
It like what you said, "The important thing is that I do my best and serve those that I love." It's true!
Sometimes just tuning out the world and putting all the love and focus you've got into God and your little family is best medicine! :)
Hope you guys are doing well! We miss getting together!
Oh, Laurel. One thing that I have learned is the comparision is the fast track to misery! Hang in there. If you are ever board and want to chat... please call!
I have been in my fair share of homes from the mission, to work and in Church service. From my experience the best homes are inviting and have gracious hosts. Quite frankly I am certain you are on the right path to creating just such a haven for your family.
I hope you are feeling better! It is so frustrating sometimes when I compare myself to others. Then i realized I was usually comparing my WORST qualities to their BEST... how fair is that? I try to keep that in mind when i am feeling blue. (plus baby/nursing hormones make me crazy sometimes!)
Post a Comment