Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rewards

I have been staying with my parents in Rexburg this week.
I decided to stay because the opportunity presented itself,
because I wanted to stay,
and because Dane told me it would be good to socialize.
He seems to worry about the fact that I only interact with Zoey all day.
I also love seeing my husband after being apart and giving him a big hug and kiss.
It makes me appreciate and love him more.
I actually cried the day he drove back to Billings without me.
I can't help it.
I worry.

Now to the actual reason I am posting.
REWARDS.
I have found that being a mother is a lot of work. Don't get me wrong- I absolutely love it. I especially love the little rewards that come with being a mom.
The giggles,
the smiles,
rolling over,
kicking,
cooing,
and just hanging out.
Last night I had a sweet "hanging out" moment with Zoey.

She was on my lap leaned back on my arm just sittin. totally relaxed and cooing while I rocked her in a cozy rocking chair. I didn't want to put her to bed. I just wanted to hold her.
I wondered why I hadn't experienced more of these moments at home.
Then I realized- there is no way to rock her at home-
we only have a futon.

It is time to invest in a fabulous rocking chair.

2 comments:

Tari said...

I agree- rocking babies is the best! Take advantage of it while she'll let you!

Veronica said...

I love my rocking chair--life saver!
I agree being a mom is really hard and a lot of work, but when you get a smile, or giggle, it melts your heart and all those sleepless nights seem worth it!