I was sitting in the back with Zoey as we were driving there and she looked at me and smiled really big. In her bright blue eyes I saw pure trust. My heart sank. Here I was taking her to a place where she would get poked by people she didn't know.
She laid on my lap while we waited for the doctor cooing and smiling. The doctor came and took off her diaper, felt her stomach and did everything else they do. She was ticked off and then the doctor put her in my arms and said, Wow! She sure does like her momma.
I was touched that Zoey loved me so much but at the same time totally terrified as I realized she was not going to go to other people (besides her dad) without putting up a fight.
Two nurses came in and instructed me to hold her legs while they poked both of her legs. It was horrible. I couldn't stand watching so I turned my head away. Zoey screamed. I'm glad it's over.
1 comment:
oh poor thing! i hate shots. i think it's worse for the mama and dad than for the baby! i'm glad you ALL recovered ;)
Post a Comment