1. Thats right, schools out, I can blog, christmas is coming, life is good.
2. A storm came to Rexburg last night and we are supposed to have all day. I was walking to work this morning when Mrs. Rexburg picked me up on the way! She had just come from giving gifts to kids. Pretty neat huh? I should have gotten a picture with her.
3. This is our freezer, it is full of meat, because of my super amazing husband Dane.

4. In food science last week we conducted many different experiments. Some had experiments on different fats in cookies, how mixing muffins differently affects them.....I conducted an experiment on how adding one egg at a time beating well after each egg affects cookies compared to throwing the eggs in all at once.
As you can see, the cookies did turn out different. The cookies on the left are the cookies that were beated well after each egg. They turned out more tender, they had a smooth texture, and they tasted better....just for your gee wiz file (my religion teacher says that all the time).
5. This is my lovely haircut. I got it cut at the Paul Mitchell hair school. The whole experience was pretty incredible. First she massaged my head, then she took me into a special room where the lights are dim and nice music is playing and she washed my hair. Then she cut and fixed my hair. The whole thing was 2 1/2 hours, but I have to say it was worth it, I love the cut. I don't know if the picture does it justice.
6. I love the Christmas season. The couple that lives below us has christmas spirit all year long. She brought us dinner 2 weeks ago, she has given us pork chops, jerky, steak, roast, salmon and ground elk! She also brought us cinnamon rolls. You really can't catch up to her either, we took them dinner, and cookies and meat.....but everytime we visit her she gives us another handful of treats or meat.
7. This gift is driving Dane crazy, it showed up one day under the christmas tree and he doesn't know what it is.

This is our christmas tree, it turned out pretty cute, I borrowed some decorations from my mom and threw a bow on top.
8. Dane's hunting friends went out of town this weekend and they still had a tag for a deer. So they said he could have it and shoot a deer this weekend. He wasn't going to because he didn't want to butcher it. His other friend Matt talked him into it. So if they see one Dane is going to shoot it and his friend Matt is going to butcher it. They planned to leave at 6 am this morning. I woke up and saw Dane all dressed and ready to go. I looked at the clock, it was 3:30 am. I said, "Dane its 3:30 are you going hunting now?" He said oh crap. He took all of his warm clothes off and climbed into bed and then woke up again at 5:30...well actually, I don't think he even fell asleep.

4. In food science last week we conducted many different experiments. Some had experiments on different fats in cookies, how mixing muffins differently affects them.....I conducted an experiment on how adding one egg at a time beating well after each egg affects cookies compared to throwing the eggs in all at once.
The teacher I TA (teachers assistant) for got me a gift for christmas...wow. I love that woman. She is so easy to work with and she is a great teacher. I get to work for her the next 3 semesters as well.
7. This gift is driving Dane crazy, it showed up one day under the christmas tree and he doesn't know what it is.
This is our christmas tree, it turned out pretty cute, I borrowed some decorations from my mom and threw a bow on top.
9. Andrew & Tara came over for dinner this week. We had a great time! I am so excited for the wedding next week!
10. My dads birthday was yesterday. I love my dad because he is easy to be with, he has a great sense of humor and work ethic and he loves to learn. He is wise and gives great advice. I am grateful for his example.

4 comments:
hooray for the semester to be over!!
and hooray for you guys! we had so much fun last night...we will definitely have to get together again when we both return to kick off a new semester!!
I hope that you have a wonderful time in CA! Take lots of pictures.
So the thing about the cookies is crazy! i never would have thought that would make a difference? Cool though. Looks like you are having a blast! Are you staying in Rexburg for the Winter?
Great update. It is fun to see you on campus every once in a while. I just wanted to let you know that our blog got deleted and I had to change the title. You'll have to change your link if you want it to go to the new one.
Post a Comment