Sunday, June 1, 2008

9 on Sunday

I know I have really been slacking with the posting. I feel like I am constantly doing homework or attending class. This semester has really worked me over.
I do have lots of great news!

1. Dane and I won an ipod at the Bookstore giveback party(this was a while ago). Since we already had ipods we took it back and got store credit to pay for some of our books next semester! What a blessing.

2. I pieced this quilt together last summer after we got married. Dane and I decided that we would tie it together and finish it for our Eternal marriage midterm project. It is completed! Woohoo!3. Dane and I register for classes tomorrow! I absolutely love planning my schedule so I of course had it planned a month ago. Dane isn't really into planning his schedule so I got to plan his too!

4. I applied for an Idaho 4-H endowment scholarship in April and I just found out a few weeks ago that I got it! All of those years of 4-H are coming in handy!

5. A teacher asked me to be her assistant a few weeks ago and I have really enjoyed it. I work 5-6 hours a week usually grading papers. I make $7.25 an hour which isn't too shabby for Rexburg, Idaho. She said I can keep working as her assistant in the fall for as many hours as I can. I like this job a lot better then the call center.

6. Dane has been able to go fishing this semester and he loves it. He went on a field trip for his natural disasters class to mesa falls, henry's lake, henry's fork, and west Yellowstone and he was just aching to go fishing. He has cooked some of the fish he caught and they tasted pretty good!


7. I was called to be the compassionate service leader about a month ago and I have really enjoyed it. We had a girls night so we could get to know each other better and it went pretty well. I am going to have my work cut out for me because there are at least 12 women that are pregnant in the ward. One of the women is on bed rest for a month! I can't even imagine.

8. My great grandma Reva passed away this last week, she was 98 years old. We were able to go to the funeral. It was really neat to hear about her life and what she accomplished, it was also neat to see her posterity there. The chapel was full of her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great great grandchildren. She was an amazing seamstress and a hard worker.

9. Dane and I are taking a bowling class together. I have really enjoyed it. Dane's highest score so far is a 190 and my highest score is a 148.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Looks like you guys are staying pretty busy! I love your quilt it looks so good. It's good to read what's going on with you guys!

Riland and Jamie Duka said...

Looks like you guys have so much fun where do you find such fun things to do? Are you guys staying in Rexburg during the break between Summer and Fall?