Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Latest....

This week has been great! I love being married!

Dane and I were laying in bed one night and we were just looking into each other's eyes. All of a sudden I felt some slobber start to slip from the corner of my mouth. Without hesitation, I slurped it up making a very unpleasant noise.

Needless to say, the moment was ruined. We both started laughing, then turned the other way.

We have made some great friends that live right above us. We actually made a code with them. When we knock 3 times on the ceiling it means "We are ready when you are". Our friends respond with 3 knocks to signify their acceptance to the call.

We have fun playing games with them. We have been smoking them in almost every game this week. Adam doesn't deal well with defeat. His wife keeps him under control though. We've gone to the temple twice with them. It's a great blessing to have good friends.

My latest project was making bread. It was an intense process and it took me all afternoon, but I got three large loaves out of it and I was delighted.


Dane is doing well with his job. He actually got a raise because they didn't want to lose him for fall semester. I think he enjoys it. He is in charge of the electronics and he always has great stories. Today he tested a refridgerator that you put in your car. It plugs right in to the cigarrette lighter.

I had an interview at the opinion center today and I got a job! I train next week and then choose my hours from there. I'm also waiting for a interview at the bookstore on campus. So I'm gonna go with the opinion center and keep searching ...to see if there is anything better.

Well thats all we have for now..We'll keep you posted.

lots of love

3 comments:

Jill said...

Laurel--the bread looks great. Look at you go girl!

Brielle & Jeffrey Kennington said...

Laurel, have Jeff and I been replaced?

Tiffany said...

Beautiful bread. Did Dane eat it all?