Having a baby!
We are very excited. I had a pregnancy test at home and I was trying to patiently wait to see if my period would start. I knew it was supposed to have already started or start soon but one day I was feeling pretty crappy and decided I couldn't wait any longer- I took the test and was soo very excited to find out I was! I was trying to explain my excitement with Zoey & Weston and they acted excited but I'm sure they were a bit confused. I told Zoey to tell Dane we are having a baby when he got home from work. He walked in and she tried to tell him but got a little nervous so I had to help her. Dane was so excited. It was a fun night. The next few weeks were a little rough because I had felt some intense cramping and was worried I was having a miscarriage but it eventually went away.
We told our families around Easter time when we traveled to Rexburg- I was almost 10 weeks along at that point. On the Monday after we got home from Rexburg I started experiencing some pain and cramping. I just figured it would go away once I laid down. It gradually got worse and I couldn't seem to find any relief no matter what I tried. I wasn't bleeding but I was worried I could still be miscarrying or that it was possibly a tubal pregnancy. I called the nurse around midnight and after explaining everything to her she told me to go to the emergency room. Dane and I talked it over and I decided I didn't want to call anyone to come watch our kids since it was close to 1 am and I didn't want an ambulance because I felt like I could drive myself to the hospital.
I had to wait about 30 minutes and then they brought me back to a room. They took my blood, had me pee in a cup and about an hour later gave me an ultrasound. It wasn't a tubal pregnancy. There was a lot of waiting time between each thing they did and I couldn't sleep because of the pain but they eventually got me some pain medication and that helped tremendously. The doctor came in and told me that it could be appendicitis. A surgeon came and talked to me around 5. After explaining the pain he told me it was classic appendicitis especially with where the pain was and since my white blood cell count was high. He told me it was only going to continue to get worse and that it was safest for the baby to remove my appendix now.
I called Dane a few times and explained what was going on.
The surgeon said they could do it in the next hour- so I said ok. An hour or so later I was being prepped for a laparoscopic appendectomy. It was taken care of quickly and everything went smoothly. They checked the baby afterwords and the baby still looked good. I felt like crap afterwords. I was beyond exhausted from being up all night and my shoulders and stomach hurt. Dane was there after I woke up but he was a little irritated they didn't bring him to me sooner. They made me sit up for a little while and I was miserable. They said after I walked and peed I could go- so I walked and peed and Dane took me home. I was so grateful. I stayed in bed all day- well I was laying down a lot the next two weeks. My parents offered to come and help and that meant so much with their busy schedules but I knew we could make it work. I had some wonderful friends who helped me a lot. Dane had to go back to work so my friends took care of my kids the next few days all day and brought me meals and even helped me clean my house. Dane would come home- get the kids and take care of everything the rest of the night. I felt so incredibly blessed and well taken care of- I was overwhelmed with gratitude.
Flowers from Dane's parents and sisters.
After having so much taken care of for two weeks it took me a little bit to get back to my normal routine. My friend watched my kids my first morning on my own so I could go to my first doctor appointment. I got to hear the heartbeat again which was thrilling! Afterwords I went to pick up my kids and I just stood in her house for a while wondering what in the world I was going to do next. Finally I loaded the kids and ended up driving around for a little while-I think we ended up at Target to look at toys.
My friend and I laughed about it later. I didn't realize what a planner I was. I like to have a plan for each day of the week and I had no plan.
Luckily I am back to my routine and feeling back to normal- except for a little nauseous off and on with pregnancy.
I am 16 weeks pregnant (4 months) I had another appointment today and was relieved to hear the baby's heartbeat again. We should find out if it's a girl or boy on the 30th!
2 comments:
congratulations! i'm glad that everything is going well for you now and hopefully it will continue that way.
Congratulations!! I'm so glad everything went well and the baby is okay!
Post a Comment