Weston's birthday was a lot of fun. I think before I have felt high expectations for the kids birthdays and then I was disappointed that I didn't make them more amazing. I didn't feel that way this time. Maybe because my expectations have lowered and I am starting to recognize it is just about being with friends and family and showing the birthday kid how much we love them.
On the morning of his birthday I gave the kids some cereal to munch on while I made birthday pancakes. We had pancakes and then Weston got a bubble bath- he loves baths. We went to target to look at the toys and then we went and got balloons. Weston was a happy boy. We had a lunch favorite- corn dogs. That night we had cupcakes and told Weston what we loved about him. Then he opened family gifts. He seemed really happy and I loved it. Zoey was a great sport but she did ask when her birthday was- a few times.
Weston,
You have brought so much joy to our lives. You are so full of life and energy and it is contagious. You make us laugh all of the time. You are kind, thoughtful and a good helper. I love it when you give me snuggles, hugs and kisses. Thank you for the wonderful 2 years! I can't wait for many more. I love you so much sweet boy.
Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment