Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2012 Goals

Here are my goals for 2012

Read scriptures as a family each night- I think this is really important, especially to teach our children about the scriptures and their importance.  So far we are doing great with this goal and I feel like it makes a difference in our home.  We were reading together before we put Zoey to bed but now Dane is reading while Zoey and I finish our dinner since Dane eats so fast : )

Write in Journal once a week- This is a repeat goal,  I really want to get in the habit because I love reading my old journals and remembering because I don't have the best memory.  So far I have only written in it once this year.  Hopefully I can do better in February.

10 minutes personal study each day- I know this totally makes a difference in my day to day and how I am as a wife and mother.  I did ok in January.

Read 6 books- This may sound lame to some but I don't think I read that many last year which is very sad.  Sometimes it is hard to find a book I am excited about but I do love to read.  So far I have read one book, started another one and I already have 2 more I am excited to read. 

Exercise 3 times a week- I am hoping to really get into this goal AFTER I have this baby.  Right now I feel like I get enough exercise chasing Zoey every day. I have a class I can go to twice a week and I am thinking about looking into Zumba-either a class or on the wii. 

FHE once a week- We have never been great at Family Home Evening but so far this year we haven't missed a week!

Finish scrapbook for Zoey's 1st year- I was going to finish it for christmas but I had way too many projects going on so I'm hoping I can finish it for her birthday or for Christmas this year.  I have all the stuff I need just got to find the time!

Try 30 new recipes- I find that it's easy to get in the habit of making the same things over and over and then cooking becomes a little...boring.  So this goal is to get me excited about cooking again.  It should be easy to accomplish because I have already tried 5 new recipes- which I am hoping to share on my blog. 

Call sibling or friend once a week- Keeping in touch : )

Fun date with Dane each month- We usually end up staying at home because we didn't get a babysitter etc. etc.  So I want to PLAN something different that we haven't done each month.

Get together with Rexburg Friends- I really want to start a tradition with our Rexburg friends and do something together every year....just got to pick a time and plan it.

1 comment:

Jessica :) said...

These are some great goals, Laurel! Good luck!