A thank you letter to someone who has changed your life.
I think the first person that popped in my head was Mary Morris. My high school theatre coach. There wasn't a theatre class at my high school but my mom and Mary directed plays for high school students. It was so much fun.
One day during my senior year I had a horrible day and did something stupid-I'm not going to explain (don't worry it wasn't illegal or really bad). Mary had been helping a few of us with monologues for a drama trip we were going on. I walked into the classroom for our usual practice trying to hold back my tears. I was very upset.
Mary didn't keep asking what was wrong, she just put her arms around me and told me to cry. She told me to not hold back my tears. It was embarrassing to cry and let out loud sobs while my make up smeared all over my face. I know I completely soaked her shoulder and cried for at least a half hour but that didn't bother her. That day I learned how to cry and that it is ok to cry-it really heals.
Mary,
Thank you for teaching me to dance like no one is watching, to cry and not hold back and to love without being afraid. Your example has helped me come out of my shell and put down my wall to be a better me. I love your passion for life and your confidence. I think you are an amazing person and so true to yourself.
Laurel
1 comment:
If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.
E. Dickenson
Laurel, Thank you. Perhaps I have not lived my life in vain because of what I did for you. Thank you so much for honoring me with your story. May the Peace of Christ be with you Always.
Love, Mary
Post a Comment