Thursday, October 7, 2010

I only want to be with you

I feel bad because our Anniversary just passed us by this year. We actually moved on the day of our Anniversary.

I was going to post on Sept 23rd because that was the day Dane and I went on our first date 4 years ago. Missed that too.

This was the time of year in 2006 Dane and I started dating.
I first met Dane in biology lab at BYU-Idaho. I walked into the classroom and he was sitting at a table with one chair between him and another guy. Dane looked at me and smiled. It was definitely NOT like me to sit between two guys. But I was feeling confident that morning and I took the plunge. I think I was inspired. We flirted in lab for a few weeks until Dane finally asked me for my number. He said he would call Saturday (the 23rd of Sept) to take me out.

Well Dane didn't call Saturday and I was disappointed. I thought he stood me up.

Then he showed up at my door around 8pm. He told me he had tried to call but it wouldn't go through. We walked to Hogi Yogi and he bought me ice cream and then we walked all over campus and talked nonstop. We ended up at Porter Park. It was a beautiful night. We were swinging on the swings and then we ended up laying on a tennis court looking at the stars.

That is how it began.


In our 3 years of marriage we have:
  • Moved 6 times
  • Lived in 3 states
  • Bought a car
  • Graduated from College
  • Completed 3 internships
  • Sold a car
  • Bought a car
  • Had a baby
  • And had a total of 10 jobs
It has indeed been a fabulous 3 years. I look forward to the many to come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that's ok missing it. as long as you both understand why it happened. i feel the same way about andrew's birthday, which is about 2 weeks after ann. but every year i manage to pull it off.

Brielle Kennington said...

wow Three years already! Congrats. It is was good day when Dane met you Laurel.