Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Zoey's Blessing

Zoey was blessed September 5th. It was such a special day.

We had family travel from Utah and from other cities in Idaho and we are so grateful for the effort they made. It meant a lot to us. We also missed those who could not make it.
We got a couple pictures in our apartment with Dane's siblings. My sister did get one of everyone outside that I might post later we only got one because the wind was blowing like crazy.
Zoey wore the dress I was blessed in when I was a baby and she looked beautiful. We were a little nervous she wouldn't fit in it because she was older than I was when I wore it, but luckily I was a 9 pound baby so it worked out.





After Zoey was blessed we gathered at my parents house to have a luncheon with everyone. My heart was full, Zoey received a beautiful blessing and it was so wonderful to be surrounded by friends and family. I will not forget that wonderful feeling.
It was intense at the end because we had to load the rest of our stuff in the moving trailer, empty our fridge and freezer, say a quick goodbye and drive 6 hours to Billings. Dane and I couldn't believe that we were moving on to the next chapter in our lives. It still seems crazy at times.
I have found that I tend to do things the crazy way. But it was all worth it.

3 comments:

Jessica :) said...

I love her little blessing dress! She is darling!

Unknown said...

she looks so cute in her blessing dress. welcome to the great and wonderful state of montana!

Michelle Starrs said...

Laurel, you look stunning!! i can't believe you had a baby just a few months ago. You look great :) And baby Zoey is adorable or course!